In an effort to prepare for the increasing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Community Partners of Dallas’ leadership team has been reviewing information and recommendations from expert sources, along with input from staff, to inform a phased prevention and response plan to protect our team, members, tenants, and visitors.
While there are few confirmed cases in Texas at this time, recent events in other states suggest that this could change. We want to be sure that we are thoughtfully preparing for multiple scenarios while maintaining the values that ensure a welcoming and respectful environment for our community. You will begin to see more signage throughout the building noting specific guidelines that can help us all stay safe and healthy.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we implement the following precautionary measures for those who use the Community Partners of Dallas’ Elmbrook facility space:
Members / Tenants / Visitors
- Anyone who has traveled in the last 30 days from countries currently considered by the CDC to be Level 3 or Level 2 risk is asked not to attend our programming/events in our facility.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms related to a respiratory illness is asked not to visit nor attend our programming until their symptoms have cleared.
- All visitors must sign in at the front desk (to provide us with a better record of who has been in our space in the event of a local confirmed case).
- Staff, Tenants, CPI/CPS, and Visitors are asked to adhere to posted social etiquette guidelines.
- All tenants and members must inform guests of sign-in policy and greet guests in the front lobby to be escorted to their suites/workspaces.
Space Usage Guidelines
- CPD will provide cleaning supplies throughout the facility, but we ask that everyone entering the facility wash their hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Cleaning staff will be routinely disinfecting surfaces in common areas throughout the entire building.
- Those using CPD meeting rooms are asked to disinfect surfaces (tabletop, chair arms and backs, and door handles) upon exiting a meeting room. Each room should be stocked with cleaning supplies. If you find that a room is missing supplies, please notify Amanda Foster (meeting coordinator) or Melissa Hairston (receptionist). Please do not remove supplies from meeting rooms.
- CPD will limit event/meeting bookings with large groups of people for March and April. We will be accepting bookings beyond April but with the disclaimer that availability is subject to change if public health protocols warrant it.
Social Etiquette Guidelines
- Wash hands frequently, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing and upon entry to the CPD Elmbrook facility.
- Cover mouth (preferably with tissue) when coughing/sneezing.
- Choose alternative greeting methods, rather than shaking hands.
- Do not leave dirty dishes or food unattended in public areas (including sinks and kitchen counters).
- Arrange tele-/video conferences when possible.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Our priority is the health and safety of our people, and that extends to our staff, tenants, CPI/CPS, and visitors. We appreciate your support in this effort and welcome any feedback that can help us better serve you.